At Black Firs School all Staff share the following aims:
• to provide abroad, balanced & relevant curriculum, which enables children to develop a Growth Mindset
• to nurture a love of life-long learning.
• to support children who find learning difficult & challenge able children, so that everyone develops their resilience and growth mindset
• create an attractive, secure environment within our buildings and be aware of environmental issues within ourgrounds.
• to provide a caring environment based upon trust and mutual respect, which fosters self-worth.
• ensure that each child is valued as an individual, aware of their fellow beings
• each child assumes responsibility for their own actions and is prepared to make a worthwhile contribution in life
• to praise and celebrate children's efforts and positive attitude to life.
• make efficient use of all resources to ensure each child develops a growth mind-set
• continue evolving a curriculum that develops a child's creative thinking and life-long learning skills
• to build Grit and determination in everything they undertake